In 2017, Collingwood Football Club will celebrate 125 years of the famous black and white stripes.
Throughout the year, the club will roll out a series of initiatives to celebrate the club's famed history.
- Recreating the club's first ever match against Carlton, to be played in May 2017
- Host a Festival of celebrations on and around the anniversary of the club's first match
- A fixture request has been submitted for a VFL match against the Northern Blues (Carlton's VFL affiliate) at Victoria Park the same weekend
- Special 2017 member scarves highlighting years of consecutive membership
- 125th collectible items included in the 2017 membership packs
- A series of historical features capturing the past 125 years on collingwoodfc.com.au and forever.collingwoodfc.com.au
- 25 September 1891 Victorian Football League (VFA) admit Collingwood Football Club into the competition
- 12 February 1892 Collingwood Town Hall meeting held to gauge community interest in the new venture. The Town Hall was overflowing, with riotous scenes and famous speeches.
- 26 February 1892 Collingwood Football Club's first official club meeting was held at the Collingwood Town Hall to elect office bearers.
- 16 April 1892 Collingwood Football Club played its first practice match
- 7 May 1892 Collingwood Football Club played its first senior match against Carlton Football Club at Victoria Park
- 28 May 1892 Collingwood Football Club registered its first win, defeating Williamstown.
Be a part of history
As part of the 125th year celebrations, Collingwood will play the same opponent as the club's inaugural match in 1892, our old rivals Carlton. By donating $25, By donating just $25 you can be a part of history with your name marked on the banner for this match. This is a once in a life time opportunity to have your name side by side all 1136 players that have donned the famous black and white stripes.
Your important contribution will assist with future programs and facilities that support our players.
Throughout 2017, there will also be a commemorative wall at the Holden Centre, listing everyone who has kindly donated to the program. Don't miss your opportunity to head down to the Holden Centre to try and find your name.
125 commemorative emblem
Click here to find out more information on the design of the 125 commemorative emblem.